A picture of some of the things I ate this week:
1. Paleo pancakes. One banana, two eggs, a tad of vanilla, and some cinnamon. On top is applesauce, made with just apples and nothing else.
2. Stuffed peppers! Inside is ground turkey, mushrooms, spinach, onion, and garlic.
3. The closest thing to oatmeal I’ve eaten in a really long time: one butternut squash, some coconut milk, blueberries, and cinnamon.
4. A salad from the salad bar at the grocery store.
5. Most of the time I throw protein in a pan, some vegetables, and hope for the best. This meal surpassed every expectation I had. I cut the meat off of chicken thighs and marinated it in rice vinegar, lime juice, and liquid aminos. The result was flavorful, Asian-y chicken that paired nicely with the veggies I sautéed. I put green onions on top to round out the dish and then I spied some Thai lime cashews on the counter so I smashed those up and sprinkled them on top. It was pretty amazing. Jason said it was one of the best meals he’s had in a long time which I took as a compliment even though WHAT WAS WRONG WITH THE PAST TEN DINNERS, PAL? I keed, I keed. I’m thrilled it went over so well and it will definitely be made again.
I went running today! And I ate healthy things!
It was a pretty good day.
Hmm. I don’t know how to put this tactfully.
I’m pretty gassy.
Not the dainty kind of odorless gassy.
Like, trucker gassy.
Nothing against truckers.
Did this happen last time? I vaguely remember both Jason and I ducking and covering.
Curry for dinner might’ve been a mistake but we’re doing it anyway. I have a meal plan. I will not deviate simply because my intestines are healing themselves in a foul-smelling manner.
In closing, here is a picture of my dog watching “The Mindy Project.”
Jason said if I didn’t blog anymore that I would miss it and and I was like “I won’t! I’ll be fine!” And then I got weirdly depressed, which I won’t dwell on too much because it’s kind of weird to be all sad over simply not writing on the Internet anymore.
“I’ll be fine!” I insisted.
“You won’t,” he said, with a shrug of his shoulders.
He was right.
Hello again. Let’s do this correctly.
Measurements have been recorded. “Before” pictures have been snapped. “It Starts With Food” has been re-read and (hopefully) internalized.
And now, terrible and unappetizing pictures of the food I ate today!
Breakfast was sautéed rainbow chard and three scrambled eggs. Chocolate chili was consumed for lunch, and for dinner we had my favorite meal: chicken, peppers, and guacamole. I could eat it every single day and never get tired of it.